AIA Group Limited and/or its subsidiaries (“AIA Group”, "AIA", "we", "us", "our") recognise our responsibilities in relation to the collection, use, disclosure and other processing and storage of personal data.
Among the most important assets of AIA is the trust and confidence placed to properly handle information. Customers and potential customers expect us to maintain their information accurately, protected against manipulation and errors, secure from theft and free from unwarranted disclosure. We protect data security of our customers and potential customers by complying with the all relevant data protection laws and regulations, and ensure compliance by our staff with strict standards of security and confidentiality.
This website and/or application is for general information purpose only. While we use reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website and/or application, AIA does not warrant its absolute accuracy or accept any liability for any loss or damage resulting from any inaccuracy or omission. Without prior permission from AIA, no information contained on this website and/or application may be copied, except for personal use, or redistributed.
AIA recognises its responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing or use of personal data. The provision of your personal data is voluntary. You may choose not to provide us with the requested data, but failure to do so may inhibit our ability to provide information and services to you or to respond to your enquiries. AIA will not collect any information that identifies you personally through this website and/or application unless and until you use and browse the website and/or application, buy our products or services, register as a member, interact with us, sign-up to receive news about our products and services, or otherwise communicate with us (including where requesting technical support).
This website and/or application, and our social media platforms are not intended for persons in jurisdictions that restrict the distribution of information by us or use of such website and/or application or social media platforms. If this is applicable to you, we would advise you to make yourself familiar with and observe the relevant restrictions, and AIA does not accept liability in this respect.
How we collect data?
We will collect and store your personal data either:
· directly when you provide such information to us (for example, when you us enquiries or communications);
· indirectly through your use of our website and/or applications, apps or social media platforms; or
· where you have provided it to us through any other means.
We may obtain lawfully collected personal or non-personal data about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third parties’ sources. We may also collect some information about your computer or other devices used when you visit this website and/or application, apps or social media platforms.
The personal data we collect (which includes sensitive personal data as defined under relevant applicable laws and regulations), includes the following:
· identity information – name, address, personal contact details (including email address and telephone numbers); and
· technical information – such as IP address, browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plugin types, operating systems and platform, device information (including where mobile device the IMEI number, wireless networks and general network information).
If you make use of any social media features or platforms, either on our website and/or application, an application we provide, or otherwise through a social media provider, we may access and collect information about you via that social media provider in accordance with their policies. When using a social media feature, we may access and collect information you have chosen to make available and to include in your social media profile or account, including but not limited to your name, gender, birthday, email address, address, location etc. Our access to this information may be limited or blocked based on your privacy settings with the relevant social media provider.
We will usually identify any information which is mandatory (i.e. information required for creating an account, and to enable you to access the features of the website and/or application and receive any services) when we collect the information from you. You may choose not to provide us with the requested data, but failure to do so may inhibit our ability to do business with you or to respond to your enquiries.
Why we collect your personal data and how it may be used?
Personal data is collected for the following purposes:
· to provide you with access to the content on the website and/or application, apps or social media platforms;
· to process and administer your account, to implement and effect the requests or transactions contemplated by the forms available on our website and/or application or any other documents you may submit to us from time to time;
· to design new or enhance existing products, information and services provided by us;
· to communicate with you including to send you administrative and technical communications about any account you may have with us, to provide technical support or notify about future changes to this privacy statement;
· for statistical or actuarial research undertaken by AIA, the financial services industry or our respective regulators;
· for advances data analytics, data matching, internal business and administrative purposes;
· to monitor your use of the website and/or application, apps and social media platforms and conduct analysis of the use of the website and/or application in order to operate, evaluate and improve the website and/or application and our services, understand your preferences and troubleshoot any problems;
· to assist in law enforcement purposes, investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities and to meet requirements imposed by applicable laws and regulations or other obligations committed to government or regulatory authorities;
· to personalise the appearance of our website and/or applications, provide recommendations of relevant products, information and services and provide targeted advertising on our website and/or application or through other channels;
· other purposes as notified at the time of collection; and
· other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
Unless permitted by applicable laws and regulations, we will obtain consent from you if we wish to use your personal data for purposes other than those stated in this privacy statement.
AIA may retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it is collected or as otherwise required to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. AIA applies reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use including limiting physical access to data within AIA’s systems and encryption of sensitive data when transferring such data. Reasonable steps will be taken to delete or destroy the information when it is no longer necessary for any of the purpose above.
For our policy on use of your personal data for promotional or marketing purposes, please see the section entitled “Use of Personal Data for Direct Marketing Purposes”.
Who may be provided with your personal data?
Personal data will be kept confidential but may, where permitted by law or where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the personal data was collected, provide such personal data to the following parties:
· any person authorised to act as an agent of AIA in relation to the distribution of products and services offered by AIA;
· any agent, contractor or third-party service provider (within or outside AIA) who provides administration, data processing, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection or securities clearing, technology outsourcing, call centre services, mailing and printing services in connection with the operation of AIA’s business and AIA’s provision of services to you;
· any member company of AIA Group Limited in relation to the provision or marketing of insurance services;
· any agent, contractor or third-party service provider (within or outside AIA) including companies that help deliver our services, such as reinsurance companies, investment management companies, claims investigation companies, industry associations or federations;
· other companies that help gather your information or communicate with you, such as research companies and ratings agencies, in order to enhance the services we provide to you; and
· government or regulatory bodies in any jurisdiction or any person to whom an AIA company must disclose data: (a) under a legal and/or regulatory obligation in that or any other jurisdiction applicable to that particular AIA company; or (b) pursuant to an agreement between the AIA company and the relevant government, regulatory body or other person.
For our policy on sharing of your personal data for promotional and marketing purposes, please see the section entitled “Use of Personal Data for Direct Marketing Purposes”.
From time to time, we may purchase a business or sell one or more of our businesses (or portions thereof) and your personal data may be transferred or disclosed as a part of the purchase or sale or a proposed purchase or sale. In the event that we purchase a business, the personal data received with that business would be treated in accordance with this privacy statement if it is practicable and permissible to do so.
Your personal data may be provided to any of the above persons who may be located in other jurisdictions or territories to that in which you are located. Your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in other jurisdictions where any AIA Group entity is located, or jurisdictions where a third-party contractor is located or from which the third-party contractor provides us services. By providing us with your personal information or using our services or our website and/or applications, you consent to the transfer of such information outside your jurisdiction to our facilities or to those third parties with whom we share it as described above. Your personal data will only be transferred to other locations, where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection exist to protect the integrity and security of your personal data, which as a minimum are comparable to the jurisdiction or territory in which you provided such personal data.
Access Rights to Personal Data
Under applicable laws and regulations, you may have the right to:
· verify whether AIA holds any personal data about you and to access any such data or information about how AIA used or disclosed your personal data;
· require AIA to correct any personal data relating to you which is inaccurate;
· request deletion of your personal data under certain circumstances;
· withdraw your consent or request a change to your scope of consent;
· request deregistration or deletion of your registered account;
· make a complaint about AIA's data handling; and
· enquire about AIA’s policies and practices in relation to personal data.
Requests for access, correction, complaints, or other queries relating to your personal data should be addressed to:
22nd Floor, Junction City Office Tower,
Bogyoke Aung San Road, Pabedan Township,
Or email to: AIACare.MM@aia.com
Under applicable laws and regulations, AIA has the right to charge costs which are directly related to and necessary for the processing of any personal data request.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in certain jurisdictions if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes applicable law.
Use of Personal Data for Direct Marketing purposes
In addition to the purposes set out above, where permitted by law, AIA may use your name and contact details for promotional or marketing purposes including sending you promotional materials and conducting direct marketing in relation to the following products, services, advice and subjects: insurance; annuities; Mandatory Provident Fund/Occupational Retirement Schemes Ordinance Fund wealth management; investment; banking; financial services; credit cards; medical/health treatment; educational; recruitment; training; reward/loyalty/privilege programmes; charitable/non-profitable causes ("Classes of Marketing Subjects").
For the purposes of direct marketing, we may, where permitted by law, provide your personal information to providers (whether within or outside of AIA) of any of the Classes of Marketing Subjects described above and call centre, marketing or research services so that they can send you promotional materials and conduct direct marketing in relation to the products and services they offer (these materials may be sent to you by postal mail, email or other means). Where permitted by law, we may provide your personal data to providers (whether within or outside of AIA) of any of the Classes of Marketing Subjects for gain.
Before using or providing your personal data for the purposes and to the transferees set out in this section, we may be required by law to obtain your written consent, and in such cases, only after having obtained such written consent, may we use and provide your personal data for any promotional or marketing purpose.
The types of personal data that AIA would use and provide for direct marketing purposes as described above are your name and relevant contact details, although we may possess additional personal data.
If your consent is required, and you provide such consent, you may thereafter withdraw your consent to the use and provision to a third party by AIA of your personal data for direct marketing purposes and thereafter AIA shall cease to use or provide such data for direct marketing purposes.
If you have provided consent and wish to withdraw it or if you prefer not to receive marketing communications from us in any form, please inform us by writing to the address in the section on “Access Rights to Personal Data” or sending us an email to email@example.com. Any such request should clearly state details of the personal data in respect of which the request is being made.
Cookies are small text containing small amounts of information which are downloaded and may be stored on any of your web browsers or internet enabled devices (e.g. your computer, smartphone or tablet) that can later be read by the server - like a memory for a web page.
If any part of this website and/or application contains links to other website and/or applications, those sites may not operate under this privacy statement. You are advised to check the privacy statements on those website and/or applications to understand their policies on the collection, usage, transferal and disclosure of personal data.
Amendments to this Privacy Statement
AIA reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to add to, change, update or modify this privacy statement, simply by notifying you of such change, update or modification. If we decide to change our personal data policy, those changes will be notified on our website and/or application so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use the information and under what circumstances the information is disclosed. Any such change, update or modification will be effective immediately upon posting. Where required by applicable law, we may also notify you in the event of material changes to this privacy statement and, where required, seek your consent to those changes.
Should you have any questions on any part of this privacy statement or would like additional information regarding AIA’s data privacy practices please do not hesitate to contact us by the contact details above.