1. Conditions of use
1 By using this website and/or application, you agree to the following conditions of use. Please read these conditions carefully before using this website and/or application.
2. Evidence of Transactions
AIA Myanmar Life Insurance Company Limited (the “AIA Myanmar”)’s own records of the transactions maintained through computer systems or otherwise shall be accepted as conclusive and binding for all purposes. Your use of your account and/or password to access or use this website and/or online facilities including access to your policy records and our on-line services will be recognized as your electronic signature and will be legally binding. To the extent permitted by law, you accept that AIA Myanmar 's electronic records will be admissible as original documents in any court of law and agree that you will not challenge or dispute the accuracy or authenticity of such records.
You hereby agree to fully indemnify, defend and hold harmless AIA from and against any and all damages, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including full legal costs on a solicitor-client basis) suffered by AIA arising from or in connection with: (i) your access to or use of this website and/or online facilities; (ii) any other party’s access to or use of this website and/or online facilities using your account and/or password; or (iii) your breach of any of these Conditions; (iv) any other party’s breach of any of these Conditions where such party was able to access or use this website and/or online facilities using your account and/or password.
4. Third party links
1. This website and/or application provides links to other websites and/or applications which are not controlled by us. Those links are provided for your own convenience only and we are not responsible for their use, effect or content.
2. We make no representations or warranties as to, and accept no responsibility for, the accuracy of information on those sites, nor do we endorse any information, opinion, goods or services referred to on them. You acknowledge and agree that you access such websites at your own risk.
5. Limitation of liability
1. You agree that your access to, and use of the website and/or application is at your own risk.
3. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all responsibility and liability arising from or in connection with your use of the website and/or application, including, without limitation:
1. any and all actual or anticipated loss of profits, revenue, goodwill, savings, data, business opportunity, or expectation, and any and all indirect, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary Losses; and
2. any other Losses, even if we or our authorised representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
We also assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property as a result of your access to, use of, or browsing in the website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from this website.
6. Jurisdictional issues
Except as expressly set forth herein the information contained on this website is not an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy any security, insurance product or other product or service by us. No security, insurance product or other product or service is offered or will be sold by AIA Myanmar or, if sold by AIA Myanmar, will be effective in any jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation, purchase or sale would be unlawful under the securities, insurance or other laws of such jurisdiction. Some products and services may not be available in all jurisdictions.
7. Ownership of information
Any personal information submitted to us using the website and/or application will be subject to AIA Myanmar 's Personal Data Policy.
8. Intellectual property
1. use, copy, reproduce, republish, modify, stored in a retrieval system, create derivative works or use in any other way for public or commercial purposes any part of the website and/or application;
2. distribute, translate, modify or tamper with, any part of the website and/or application;
3. create derivative works of or from any part of the website and/or application;
5. permit or assist any person to engage in any act described in paragraphs 9.1 to 9.4 above.
9. Performance of the website
1. We will use reasonable endeavours to generally make the website and/or application available during our normal business hours. However, the availability of the website depends on various third party suppliers, and accordingly, we do not warrant or guarantee:
1. any network connection difficulties occur;
2. that your use of the website and/or application will be continuous, uninterrupted, secure or error-free.
2. You acknowledge that the website and/or application may not be available for use from time to time, and that you may be disconnected from your use of the website and/or application at any time for any reason, including if:
1. any network connection difficulties occur;
2. the systems providing those services are unavailable for any reason (including so that maintenance can be performed);
4. we decide to terminate, suspend or block your access to the website for any reason.
3. We make no guarantee as to the reliability or other performance of the website and/or application. The performance of the website depends on various factors, including the functions, capacity and configuration of your Device, the speed of your internet connection, and the number of users accessing the systems which support the website and/or application.
The information available through the website and/or application is subject to updates from time to time and, while we aim to ensure that it is up-to-date, there may be delays, errors or omissions that could affect its currency or accuracy. Accordingly, we cannot and do not warrant or guarantee that the information you obtain through the website and/or application is or will be current, complete or accurate at all times. You acknowledge and agree that you will make your own enquiries to determine whether the information you obtain through the website and/or application is current, complete and accurate before using it. We are not responsible for any Loss you suffer or incur as a result of your failure to comply with this paragraph.
10. Software licenses
To the extent that any software is made available or provided to you on this website and/or application, we grant you a non-exclusive, limited and personal licence to download and use the software for your own personal, non-commercial use only. All rights including intellectual property rights in the software remain our property or the property of the relevant licensors or owners of the software and, except as permitted by law, you may not reverse engineer, decompile, modify or tamper with the software.
Your policy records are confidential and AIA Myanmar has taken steps to safeguard this confidentiality. However, your co-operation is required in order for the confidentiality of your policy records to be maintained. In particular, you are required to take the necessary precautionary measures to ensure that no unauthorised access is given to your policy records, your password and access to this website and/or online facilities. You must not allow anyone other than yourself access to these records.
You must notify us immediately by email to AIACare.MM@aia.com or call our AIA Customer Care Hotline at 95 14705433, if you suspect that your policy records have been accessed by an unauthorised person.
You shall assume full responsibility and risk each time you access the website, and view or print any portion of the information available to you on this site or and each time you use any of our on-line services.
Any password or PIN which you are provided by AIA Myanmar to access your policy records and our on-line services will be recognised as your electronic signature. To the extent permitted by law, you accept that electronic records will be admissible as original documents in any court of law and agree that you will not challenge or dispute the accuracy or authenticity of such records.
12. Security reminder
While there is inherent risk in doing business with anyone over a public medium like the Internet, we have implemented measures to reduce these risks. In order to safeguard and protect your privacy, please ensure you have installed up to date virus protection.
13. Third party rights
14. Inconsistency in wordings
15. No waiver
17. Governing law and jurisdiction
18. Defined terms and interpretation
1. In this document:
1. AIA Myanmar means AIA Myanmar Life Insurance Company Limited and its affiliates.
2. Device means your own internet-enabled device that is compatible with the website and has a current and working internet connection.
3. Loss means any liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including legal costs and expenses, regardless of whether incurred or awarded) arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
2. In this document, a reference to 'we', 'us' or 'our' is a reference to AIA Myanmar.